Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Temptation

It's amazing; you never get away from temptation. Even fleeing to the other side of the world doesn't do it. Yesterday, I FOUGHT. I fought hard. This is what I ended up with:

breakfast: congee (couldn't find a steamed bun without tofu inside... so I went without)

lunch: 1/2 cup white rice, 1/4 cup steamed bean sprouts, 1/4 cup zucchini/egg dish (it was sooo good!)

dinner: We went out. I ended up with: 1 fried egg, 1 cup of fried rice (with peas, carrots, corn in it), 1/2 cup stir-fried broccoli, and a big glass of sweetened ice tea.

snacks: Here's my failure. A LOT of cashews. I'm not sure how many... but many. 4 gelatin thingies... these are only in China. They are the size of a shot glass, with some fruit floating in them. 2 chocolate mousse squares (the size of a bite-sized milky way), 1 apple, 1 orange, 1 glass of chocolate milk

So... It wasn't HORRIBLE. But seriously, I think I had 1/2 cup of cashews. I didn't even realize I was doing it. We hit up the market on the way home. I was so happy that I turned down the candy bars and ice cream, and I thought "nuts are better!". But did I get the almonds? No. I got the dry roasted cashews... something I KNOW is a binge food for me.

Scale says? 212.

Tonight we are going out to dinner with some friends. I'll try to be good. I stocked up on seasonal fruit for snacks (apples, papaya, oranges, lychees). Temptation always finds you. Now is the time for me to really crack down and FIGHT!

No comments: