Monday, October 20, 2008

a good day.

Breakfast: 1 hard boiled egg, 1 whole wheat waffle with 1 tbsp pb and a drizzle of honey
Morning snack: 100 calorie strawberry yogurt and 15 almonds
Lunch: whole wheat wrap with turkey, romaine lettuce, red bell pepper, and a small handful of shredded cheddar. 1 boiled egg and 1 plum
Afternoon snack: will be 1 large honeycrisp apple (mmmm, these are AMAZING! I’m eyeing it already…)
Dinner: I’m planning on pan-frying pork chops with a little bit of oil, and some dash seasoning. Also having cubed butternut squash and a salad.
Evening snack: a mug of hot fresh squeezed spiced cidar!

If anyone has started reading this blog yet, does anyone have opinions on my first gung-ho non-slimfast diet day? What am I doing right? What am I doing terribly wrong?

I want to be a runner. I hate running, but I’ve ALWAYS wanted to be a runner. Being able to run long distance seems like the epitome of good health to me. I’ve always struggled. Even when I was in full-blown tennis mode in high school, and could endure 4 hour singles matches, I had a hard time running a mile. I know I’m doing it wrong. My posture, strides, breathing, everything. This is my goal this week; find out what I’m doing wrong. I want to be a runner. I just have to get over the embarrassment of being that fat girl that everyone passes in their car. You know what I’m talking about; people will look at me and think “this must be her first day running for sure!” or “yuck – nobody should have to see that”. I’m gonna jiggle, I’m gonna flop, I’m gonna huff and puff. But I’m gonna do it, and we’ll see who gets the last laugh!

(evil cackles)… HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

No comments: