Monday, November 3, 2008

The bigger effects of Weight Gain

This morning I’m having oatmeal.. again. J I’m amazed by how much I love starting my day off this way! It’s hot, comfy, and keeps me full most of the morning. Plus, I think it’s really contributing to the weight loss so far. Well, WAS. I’m up 1.5 lbs from yesterday morning. But I can see why, with the way I ate yesterday! Also, the kale chips were a little too salty, so I may be retaining some water. We’ll see!

Menu:
Breakfast - Oatmeal with ½ banana, ½ tbsp natural PB, a drizzle of honey, and flax seed
Lunch – salad with baby greens, spinach, zucchini, carrots, apples, garbanzo beans, and a slice of turkey
Dinner – spinach/feta chicken sausage with whole wheat pasta. I think I’ll toss it with a little EVOO, spinach, and feta. We’ll see how it goes!

On the husband front: I think we’re going to make progress. I haven’t been the wife that I should have been. I was thinking about the way my weight effects people other than me, and it just breaks my heart! My family is worried, and my marriage has suffered.

While he still finds be beautiful, my weight has changed me. I am afraid to go out with his friends, or meet new friends of his. I’ve become a hermit, and I used to be so outgoing! I get possessive, because I hate that he has more fun with other people than with me. But that’s largely my fault. I’m not waiting until I lose weight to change this, though. I’m going to start becoming the Amy he fell in love with; funny, bubbly, easygoing. He’s not embarrassed for his friends to see me at my weight, so why should I be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy Jo, Your insights into 'the bigger effects of weight gain' are so insightful. I don't see how you could be anything other than extremely successful in your weight loss with the psychological work you are doing along with changing your diet. Keep up the good work.

I think very few overweight people realize the subtle changes that creep into their everyday life as a side effect of being heavy.